Friday, February 19, 2010

Point And Shoot Camera With Fast Autofocus 2010 Question About Nikon D40x Versus D80?

Question about Nikon D40x versus D80? - point and shoot camera with fast autofocus 2010

I had a question about the Nikon D40x lenses, and I think I have just the answer. I looked at the side of the Nikon D40x and can not be fully compatible with AF-S and AF-I. There are other "compatible" lenses, but they really need autofocus with 15 months of age.

My question now is:
I have my D40 from Costco, a really great return policy. You mean I should go on a D80, so I have more options in lenses? The lowest f-stop on the lens is fully compatible with 2.8. And most of those pushing $ 1000 in addition to the camera. The D80 is compatible with amazement the "plastic" $ 119 - 50mm f1.4 or f1.8.

I enjoy providing all kinds of pictures, but my main goal for more than a point and SHOOT have beautiful portraits of my family. And I love to blur the background, that I saw, faster with the target.
Such a person can set up in the topic, what can I do?

5 comments:

anthony h said...

It seems you want is a camera that can hold 15 months, and the faster approach, which means you get with an AF-S. They also want beautifully blurred background, which usually means a very large opening so-called "fast"), glass (not, but always.

Shooting with af/1.4 or 1.8 lens is ideal for portraits and bad for the children in rapid motion. Because if you shoot wide open, the depth of field so shallow, not that you get a good photo. Work for portraits and objects long distances very well, because, over long distances, everything in focus, and portraits, which tend to be relatively static and light control. If the 15-month-old may still have enough to edge into the depths of a 50mm f/1.8 or1.4 the target, you're probably on the manual focus position in the real world.

However, it is not ruled out a lens, simply because it is a 2.8 or a little slower. You may also have bokeh good to very good (mainly impact / soft), if you have the correct vaccine, which is keeping the main subject in your area, set away from the bottom. F / 2.8 is still considered a "fast" lens.

BTW, Bokeh (pronounced BOH Kay) is not only a function of discharge at maximum aperture. It is also influenced by the optical design, the number of leaves on the opening and the focal length. I have 2.8 lenses are very good with bokeh, I draw a lot faster and objectives that are not so good.

The best goal I've ever seen (and own) for i Bokehs is the 85mm f/1.4 AF-S lens. Well, it costs more than $ 1,000. 50mm lenses are shops, but the bokeh is so-so compared to the 85mm f/1.4. And to get enough depth of field for a portrait that grows rarely wide open, and stop, as a rule a little. My 80-200mm f/2.8D also excellent bokeh, but it is used, is about $ 600. Neither the AF with the D40x, but both are expensive, even if the D80. And both are much better than the 50 mm f / 1.8 or 1.4 in my opinion for bokeh.

So here's what I say if you are willing to spend much money on the lenses, then the D80. Why? Since the lenses are an investment, and you can also have access to anything good AF-S.

If you are only good photographs of his FamilShareholders can not, and at an affordable price with the D40x and the existing line AF, and even some S AF-S used to be achieved. For example, look at the 24-85mm AF-S would no longer be paid. He has used an artist better than the AF-S VR 24-120 lens, and a flight to places like eBay. Here is a review of the 24-85mm AF-S:
http://www.bythom.com/2485lens.htm

Nikon manufactures and distributes non AF-S 24-85mm, but not as good as broken this goal.

And before you worry that will not be used for portraits, then you are here - most of these pictures were taken with 24-85mm AF-S:
http://www.rangefindermag.com/magazine/J ...

Indeed, there is also the number of lenses like Sigma HSM 18-50mm f/ 2.8, which is compatible with autofocus and cheap.

If you are not willing to spend much of his camera, I would try to keep the D40x and the lens to do what you want in the AF-S. And if you get the D80 is at the end with lots of money to spend to get the absolute best bokeh anyway.

She holds accessible, acceptable bokeh want, and I think you can do with your D40, with no increase one D80 (unless you are on). Bokeh for exceptional ... Moreover, it is not just for a D80 costs, but also for the lens.

achouro said...

If you often take photos of your family do not really need a larger aperture) (smaller apertures, 2.8 is enough to) the background of the depth of field (depth of field to your call, a slightly lower rate than the very shallow depth of field, and if the have people in front of people, it can not get into the situation, some of them, in response to a minor and visors.

fhotoace said...

Are Nikon AF-S and AF-I over 15 years, not restricted for the moment.

Ken Rockwell is a good tool to sort it all. If you do not go for a day, the D40x is more than enough for the camera ... If you think you can go, then you need to check with the D200 or D300.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d80.htm
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40.htm
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40x.ht ...

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d80.htm

V2K1 said...

You have answered your question.

Any digital SLR camera with a lens can not autofocus 50 mm must be the business and the manufacturers of enthusiasm returned with a sharp piece of bamboo with whipped cream.

HTH.

CSC78 said...

The only reason not to buy the D40 or D40x would be if you want to use some old glass. From the coupling of the Nikon lens mount, limiting the capacity of the device as it interacts with other targets that the new AF-S and AF-I lens models.The I do not quite work on the D40 and is the main reason why I'm not interested. But it's the only reason. The D80 and higher will be no problem. Other then that, the camera takes amazing photos. The people here recommend a look at the page, and Ken Rockwell raves about the D40 and also lots of interesting information about your Websight.

Post a Comment